About 40 kms from Munnar lies the hill station and the scenic village of Vattavada. The place is known for terraced farming. Blessed with cold climate throughout the year makes Vattavada ideal for growing a wide varieties of vegetables and fruits.
- Fruits that are grown here includes Apple, Orange, Grapes, Strawberry, Peach, Passion fruits and vegetables include beans, onion, potato, carrot, cabbage and many more
- The village is about 6000ft above the sea level. The best time to visit here is during October to March.
- Trekking the hills of Vattavada will be a breath taking experience. One can go on trekking from Vattavada to other locations near Munnar like Meesapulimala, Mattupetti and Kodaikanal.
- Jungle camping and jeep safari options are also available here.
- The streets inside the villages are so narrow that the villager’s here employee mules to transport their goods.
- Multi coloured butterflies are another attraction here.
Munnar – Pampadum Shola National Park – Vattavada