Wake up to a stunning view.
Vasyapara is one of the best places in Kerala for trekking. If you would like to experience what it is like to be cut off from civilization, this trek is for you.
- There is no electricity, water and network coverage and all you have is a hut/mud house at the top of a hill right in the middle of the jungle.
- Pambar river flows through the forest and serves as the only water source for both the wildlife and people living in this area.
- If you set out for a trek early in the morning to the Pambar river, the chances of wildlife sightings are high.
- The guides who accompany you on the trek are very good at tracking wildlife. If you get lucky you will get to see herds of Wild Gaurs and Sambhar deer staring right at you from behind the thorny plants.
- Wake up to a beautiful view of the jungle and listen to the wild calls.
- The best time to visit here is from September to December as it rains here in Chinnar and Vasyapara during these months.
You can book this trek online on Munnar Wildlife division website and the check-in time is before 2:00 P.M.
Reach Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary which is 18 Kms from the town of Marayur. The total trekking distance to Vasyapara is 14 Kms up and down.