Rosemala is a small village amidst the Shenduruney forest and one of the least explored places in Kerala. Reaching here is quite adventurous. Atleast 10Kms though the jungle is off-road. The rough and rugged track towards Rosemala is steep and slippery. You will come across small streams frequently.
- Not being accessible so easily, Rosemala is not a well-known tourist destination and that makes this place so pristine.
- The main attraction at Rosemala is the Ganapathikunnu view point. You will get a spectacular view of the Thenmala dam reservoir.
- At tea stalls you will be served with tea and hot stories of their daily encounter with wildlife.
- Speaking of wildlife, elephants roam freely through these jungle. Chances of spotting wild elephants is high.
- Being a part of the Shenduruney Wildlife reserve almost every kind of species that are found in the jungles of Western Ghats are found here.
It is believed that a British man bought an estate here and the name came from his wife Roslyn. Nearly 250 families live inside this forest. The little village of Rosemala in the middle of the jungle rely fully on solar power as there is no electricity. Every single electrical equipment that you find here is powered by solar energy.
Enjoy your ride responsibility without honking and disturbing wild animals if you come across any. If you are planning for a one day off-road trip to Rosemala, it is better to come early, spend your day at places nearby Rosemala and leave before it is dawn. Keep this number just in case if you want to go deep into the jungle: +91 9447979081 (Wildlife warden)
How to Reach: Kollam-76Kms-Aryankavu-15Kms-Rosemala.