Yet another offbeat trekking destination in idukki. Mathikettan Shola is ideal trekking spot for nature and wildlife enthusiasts. Along with the stay in the jungle you can trek through Mathikettan and get to know about the endemic flora and fauna species.
- Your trekking starts from the base camp. You can get there by your four wheel-drive vehicle or a motorcycle.
- Mathikettan forest is covered by cardamom plantations and it is a three and a half kms walk towards the base camp.
- Jeeps are available and that will cost you 1500 INR up and down.
- One can go deep inside the jungle, take a dip in the rivulets and listen to the wild calls. But, make sure you get back to the Forest station by 5:00 P.M.
- You can also trek towards Bodimettu and exit at the Kerala Tamil Nadu border.
How to Reach: Adimali – Poopara (For travelers from Ernakulam and North) Reach Kattapana, then Nedumkanadam and Poopara (For travelers from Kottayam and South)