Starting from Manjoor in Ooty district in Tamil Nadu the narrow hilly roads stretches till Agali in Palakkad, Kerala. Mulli is a check post in the Palakkad district other than Walayar.Mulli check post is in Kerala Tamil Nadu border which connects Palakkad and the Ooty town. A scenic hilly terrain perfect for bike rides, but highly risky during Monsoon.
- Manjoor, is a misty hill station. Where the town is always covered in Mist.
- The stretch between Mulli and Manjoor has got 43 hair pin bends. The narrow hair pin bends are really challenging and bikers would love this route.
- 15 minutes ride from Manjoor your next stop would be a shrine atop the hill and an amazing view point. The plains of Coimbatore district is easily visible from here.
- At Mulli, you can see a stone structure marked as Madras State boundary. The structure stands as a historical sign which was actually built at the time of Kerala State formation.
- The next half an hour ride through the jungle will take you to a banks of Bhavani River.
Even though Manjoor-Mulli-Agali shortens the distance between Ooty and Palakkad, most people rarely takes this route. This is a route frequented by elephants and the roads being rugged, check your tyres before you go.
How to reach: Palakkad – Agali – Mulli – Annamalai – Manjoor – Ooty